Thursday, October 15, 2015

The power of believing in YOURSELF


I've been pondering on this alot recently, on how much believing in yourself impacts your sucesses in life especially recovery. It can be a night and day difference. For me, it was and still is.  Looking back to the beginning of my journey to sobriety, i didnt think i could do it. I had no confidence or belief that i could stay sober for long periods of time. I felt that my family and no one around my believed i could either. So what happened? I continued to relapse over and over again over stupid little things that "normal" people deal with on a daily basis. If i had a trigger to use, I'd use. If someone said the wrong thing to me , whether hurtful or just plain rude, I'd use. Writing it now sounds ridiculous that I'd let everyday life situations get to me that bad that I'd use drugs everytime. But i didn't believe i could stay sober through the hard times so i never did. Now whether or not people believe I'm going to stay sober forever or not i don't care. Why? Because i believe in myself. Even when no one else does i know at the end of each day i can look in the mirror and be proud of where i am today compared to where i used to be. I can look at myself and say another day sober. Im pushing about 7 months of sobriety and i couldnt be more grateful and blessed. I love where my life and future is heading. Everyday is another exciting day of my new blessed and happy sober life. I abosolutly love it! So i encourage you to believe in yourself always. Don't think of the can'ts in life, think of the I CANS. Its amazing all the things you can accomplish when you have confidence, self esteem, and the belief in place.
Love you all and i believe in you. 
God Bless- Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment