Thursday, March 26, 2015

Update-

Hey blog readers! I'm so sorry i haven't been posting lately. My life has been super busy these last couple weeks. Between work, home life, and my sister moving back into town (sooo happy). I havent found any time to write or just have time for myself and when i do have time for me it seems like my motivation to do anything i love has ran out the door. So i gotta be honest I'm struggling with procrastination and depression lately. I've heard of this happening in recovery where you lose interest or desire to do things you love but i didnt think it'd happen to me. Well it has. I don't honestly know what to do about it. I'm so used to just putting on a front smiling and pretending everything is all wonderful. But this time around its different. I'm doing everything in my power to stay strong and sober. So if that means admitting i've struggling then thats what ill do. Now by struggling i don't mean I'm having any cravings or urges to use I'm past that point and that life is far behind me. But the depression and trying to find a passion for things i love keeps coming and going. So quite frankly right now i'm lost in limbo. So I'm trying to find a solution to it all. Which i do have a few:
  • Go on walks with my mother at least twice a week
  • Communicate with my family more about my struggles
  • Strife to work on and keep going towards what i love- even if i'm stuck in my slump.
 I guess in a way you could say that this is my relapse prevention plan for the time and moment being. Also another thing i'd like to add to that is to keep writing about recovery and find the time to do so. This is what helps keep my sober. Aa meetings, blogging, going to walks, talking to friends and family, keeping a structure, and just being happy. So everyone struggles but its what we make of those struggles that counts. Sometimes we have to talk it one day, minute, or second at a time. But as long as we make it through thats what matters.
Thank you all for reading my blog and listening. You truely all keep me sober by your feedback and listening to me. Together anything is possible. Hand and hand. With both feet in. We got this recovery. <3 God bless - Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment