Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Appreciation of recovery

It's amazing how much we take for granted our own personal well brings when were deep in addictions. We lose ourselves completely and have to hunt who we are down again. It's a process but worth it. We appreciate all the little things in life most people wouldn't take a second look too. Like I love yous mean so much more now, hugs and kisses from our kids, the long talk with our family's. Just everything in life brings a smile to our face. It all makes us happy. We have a genuine true smile and laugh in recovery. For example, I never used to snort when I laughed til I got sober. Because I haven't truly laughed since God knows how long. Or I find myself just smiling for no reason at all. The main reason is im grateful I've beat the devil and am still hear to tell my story. I truly believe anyone can beat their devil and come out stronger then ever. I know I did it when I never thought it were possible. Getting clean?? Me no way! Well I'm living proof that if I can do it, you can too! You too will appreciate life and everything around you becomes a gift and miracle from God. Your still here when many had their addiction take everything from them including their lives. So appreciate the little things it will get you far <3

2 comments: