Thursday, February 12, 2015

Recovery for loved ones of addicts

I decided to write about this today because a year ago today I lost someone dear and close to me. She was lost in her addiction and couldn't get the help she needed in time. Also a couple months prior her brother lost his life as well. Addiction is a evil cruel disease. It don't discriminate against anyone. It's main goal is to take away dreams and sometimes life's. It's a painful non caring disease.   I've lost many friends to this disease, great wonderful souls with amazing potential for themselves. But when that demon takes over it's hard to take your control back. Eventually us addicts either lose our life's or come close to it and have to rebuild our structure again, brick by brick. Our family's help pick up the pieces as best as they can but if we unfortunately never were able to rebuild and lose the hard battle. Our family's are left with hurt, lost, pain, confusion, and guilt. What could I have done more? What should I have done less? Is this all my fault? No no and no. The loved one you have lost due to this unforgiving disease was not your loved one. Once addiction takes over it's like the loved one you have loved is gone and an alter ego is replaced. The way I put my addiction is my demon. So please all you out their struggling with a loss or pain feeling like it's your fault. Know it's not! Your family member is among the angels singing and dancing and rejoicing they are finally at peace their addiction bondage is gone. I pray for you all each and every day may you feel peace and love knowing they are in a better place watching over you. I also pray for the addicts in their addiction, may you receive help and a wake up call before it's to late. I refuse to keep burying friends.
Thank you for reading and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. you my dear are an amazing and inspirational person and you sharing your experiences and your stories with the world is not only therapeutic for you is going to be a great help to someone else thank you for following your intuition to start this

    ReplyDelete