Monday, April 20, 2015

Lost souls- Mourning for a loved one whom is still alive

When someone you love or truely care about is still out there suffering in the full grasp of addiction its heartbreaking. Everytime you see them, hear the way they talk, see the way they act, you can't help but think to yourself what happened? Who is that person i once loved? Are they still in there or are they lost forever? Now that I'm in recovery, i see the way how i probably used to act whenever i see old friends and some loved ones of mine in their addiction. It hurts to see how i used to be, also now i feel the pain I put my family through. Let me tell you it sucks. I worry about my loved one (wont mention who for privacy purposes) constantly. Not a day goes by that i don't wonder how he's doing, if he's trying to get clean, if hes overdosing somewhere, or even alive. The only time i hear from this individual is when he wants something. Money to  help him cause he can't pass a drug test to get a job. :/ I feel horrible saying no because we used to be so close but i refuse to enable him. I pray that he may hit his bottom soon whenever that may be. I hope its jail and not like many other people in addictions bottoms. Death.. I hate thinking about it, but thats a real true possibility when it comes to addiction. Hence why none of us plan for a future. So for now I just mourn the loss of such a loved one i could have. He's lost and I wish i could help him find his way like i have. But i have to respects god's plan and journey for him. Many of us addicts or non addicts just family members of addicts know someone in addiction whom we knew when they were sober. Its almost as we mourn the sober persons soul because for the time being its gone. All we have left is their body and someone whom we do not know. A stranger. Well theirs one thing we can do besides worry, cry, and fight with them.. Pray pray and pray some more. For god's will and plan to save them. Never forget that god is good all the time, and all the time god is good. He's watching over our loved ones i promise. Just think of it as they had to take the broken path to find the right one.
Thank you and God Bless <3 Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment