Thursday, April 2, 2015

I am blessed

Last weekend my grandmother was hospitalized for what seemed to be as a stroke. She was moved from tremonton hospital to ogden then to Murry hospital. Murry hospital is quite huge to put it lightly. It has five different buildings. Well my father, mother, and I went up to visit my grandma and we were only at building one when she was at building five. So the woman at the front desk called in a shuttle to take us to building five. Thats when i met one of the most amazing man with a completely different perspective than most. The driver. As he drove us to where my grandma was he kept saying, "I am blessed and have a blessed life." Then he told us why. He had a total knee replacement back in december and has to have another surgery on his new knee in july. He has pain every single day but hes' blessed with that pain. Why you may ask? To feel happiness for the pain you suffer every day. He looks at it as a miracle, a blessing to have a knee. He told us about how he knew a guy who came here from africa and got trapped for three days in a terrable blizzard in his car. This guys story didn't turn out so great. He lost both legs and hands. So the bus driver told us, "I still got both my legs and hands so who am i to complain about a sore knee, therefore i am blessed. God has truely blessed me." That really sunk in deep with me. Heres a man who deals with pain on a daily basis but smiles and strives through it. Because he is blessed. If all of us could just take a second out of our day and write a graditude list or just think of all we have then maybe we could achive some of that blessed perspective on our lifes. I know many of us including myself struggle with looking at the bright side of things after losing so much due to our addictions. But when we really ponder on it, what have we gained? A chance for a new day, to live a better tomorrow, a future, and so much more. Sobriety is amazing and i continue to learn and grow each day I'm sober. We all do. Therefore we are all blessed in our own way. <3
Thank you and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment